Over the past decade, I’ve been competing in cycle races across the UK. In those 10 years, I’ve finished in just about every position from first to last. As an athlete there is always part of you which is striving to win; but at the same time as trying to win, I’ve tried to learn […]
Please setup Featured Slider Tag(s) in your options panel. You must setup tags that are used on active posts.
It can feel the world is awash with negativity. If we are not careful we can allow this negativity into us and it will cloud our view of life. Never underestimate the power of negativity and positive thoughts. Each positive thought Has the atom-bomb-capacity To destroy the negative in us. Each negative thought Has the […]
Real happiness and genuine spiritual progress requires an ability and willingness to be honest with ourselves. We could call it self-criticism, but I prefer honesty. If we can be honest about our motives and actions, we will learn to cultivate a more self-giving attitude and keep our ego in check. This self-awareness and personal honesty, […]
We often cherish insecurity without being fully aware of it. Insecurity about what people think of us is quite common and it can lead to unnecessary problems. When we are insecure, it tends to make us more suspicious, it makes us try harder to impress. Because we are insecure about ourselves, we lose the self-confidence […]
Sometimes, we get caught out by the simplicity of life. Our mind, which tend to prefer complexity, forgets that the simplest of things can make a big difference to our state of mind and happiness. Why is it so important to smile? Choosing happiness Life throws many things at us – both good and bad. […]
Inner peace is the most valuable thing that we can cultivate. Nobody can give us inner peace, at the same time it is only our own thoughts that can rob us of our inner peace. To experience inner peace we don’t have to retreat to a Himalayan cave; we can experience inner peace right now, […]
When giving meditation classes, a common issue is people find it difficult to find the time to set aside 15 minutes of the day for meditation and a period of quiet reflection. We all know it would be good to meditate, but to actually make sure we do it can be quite a challenge. Similarly, […]
This is an inspiring story about the power of forgiveness and compassion. It shows that sometimes we can get extraordinary results by going against our instinctive human nature. The story also shows that forgiveness is a sign of real strength and can have tremendous power. The story is from Illumination-Experiences On Indian Soil, Part […]
Humility is a wonderful quality. People are definitely attracted to humility and often repelled by the opposite. If we can learn to value humility, we will gain real joy and improve our relationships with others tremendously. But, what is humility? What does it mean to be humble? Giving joy to others. This is a striking […]
It’s easy to be critical of the world, but it’s much more difficult to deal with criticism directed at ourselves. Criticism is something we often like to give, but not really receive. However, no matter how saintly we might or might not be, we will get plenty of practise for dealing with criticism at some […]
- 10 Powerful Ways to Deal with Anger September 8, 2007
- How to Reduce the Ego. October 22, 2007
- How To Gain Control of Your Own Thoughts October 1, 2007
- Effective Ways To Get Out of a Negative Mindset January 4, 2013
- 10 Tips to Avoid Becoming Depressed September 18, 2007
- Winning, losing and happiness November 2, 2013
- Overcoming negativity September 14, 2013
- How to be honest with yourself September 7, 2013
- How to overcome insecurity August 31, 2013
- Don’t forget to smile August 18, 2013
- usha devi----------------------------------------------------: When we meditate by chanting AUM Mantra, our mind ...
- More Info: These are great tips and can even be found in the ...
- tejvan: Yes, there is saying you get good at what you prac...
- Bhima Bowden: Fascinating stuff. I can totally relate to this, b...
- Nirbhasa: Nice article! However Tejvan, in his typical modes...
- How to Reduce the Ego
- Effective Ways to get out of a negative Mindset
- The Meaning of Love
- The Unexpected Power of Gratitude
- The Life Lessons We can learn from Children
- The Power of Simplicity
- How to Deal with Anger
- When Silence is the best philosophy
- The Zen of Success
- How To Avoid Becoming A Grumpy Old Man