Humility is a wonderful quality. People are definitely attracted to humility and often repelled by the opposite. If we can learn to value humility, we will gain real joy and improve our relationships with others tremendously. But, what is humility? What does it mean to be humble? Giving joy to others. This is a striking [...]
Please setup Featured Slider Tag(s) in your options panel. You must setup tags that are used on active posts.
It’s easy to be critical of the world, but it’s much more difficult to deal with criticism directed at ourselves. Criticism is something we often like to give, but not really receive. However, no matter how saintly we might or might not be, we will get plenty of practise for dealing with criticism at some [...]
When I was young, I was often asked – what do you want to be when you grow up? The answer people were looking for was something along the lines of – stockbroker or management consultant. This is what we can grow up thinking life is all about – what can we become? how will [...]
“Be happy You will get what you like most. You will be what you like best.” – Sri Chinmoy  This is an extract from a poem by Sri Chinmoy on happiness. This particular line struck me as being quite revealing and informative. Usually, with human nature, when we don’t get what we want, we [...]
I see writing as a personal sadhana (spiritual discipline). It is creative, challenging, rewarding and requires considerable discipline. Through writing, you can help to clarify good ideas and also you can give yourself an added motivation and enthusiasm. Writing for an audience, even if very small, requires a degree of effort and willingness to be [...]
It is too easy to get into a negative mindset which invariably leads to unhappiness and depression. To avoid being overwhelmed by negativity we need to make a conscious effort to avoid the experience. When life seems like a perpetual dark tunnel these are some suggestions to change your outlook on life. Don’t Cherish Destructive [...]
How can we learn to do the right thing? Quite often we know what the right thing is to do, but some force of habit holds us back. Perhaps we know what the right thing is, but we fear what people may say or we worry that it will be misunderstood. Other times, it is [...]
One of the biggest problems we have is the tendency for our mind to think in an irrational / unbalanced way. We see issues and other people through a clouded and fuzzy perspective. This judgement leads us to many problems, not least it makes life more stressful and depressing. These are some of the common [...]
It is said that the love of money is the root of all evil, but money is also an inescapable reality of life. Money can definitely create tension, worry, and put even the best friendships under strain. But, money is essential component of life, and if used properly it can be a force for good [...]
Life will always present us with awkward, difficult people; and unless you want to live in a Himalayan cave you will have to learn how to deal with these people. We should not let difficult people spoil our inner equanimity; with the right attitude we can maintain our peace of mind even when dealing with [...]
- 10 Powerful Ways to Deal with Anger September 8, 2007
- How to Reduce the Ego. October 22, 2007
- How To Gain Control of Your Own Thoughts October 1, 2007
- Effective Ways To Get Out of a Negative Mindset January 4, 2013
- 10 Tips to Avoid Becoming Depressed September 18, 2007
- Humility means giving joy to others June 8, 2013
- Dealing with criticism June 1, 2013
- Who do you want to be? May 25, 2013
- The importance of happiness May 18, 2013
- Benefits of writing May 11, 2013
- kanchana: Excellent.. and very useful to our life.......
- Dealing with criticism | Sri Chinmoy Inspiration: [...] 5. Don’t feel guilty. A deep and often...
- jack: goodwill is very important.. when one is kind t...
- The importance of happiness | Sri Chinmoy Inspiration: [...] Unexpected happiness [...]...
- The importance of happiness | Sri Chinmoy Inspiration: [...] Effective ways to get out of a negative mind...
- How to Reduce the Ego
- Effective Ways to get out of a negative Mindset
- The Meaning of Love
- The Unexpected Power of Gratitude
- The Life Lessons We can learn from Children
- The Power of Simplicity
- How to Deal with Anger
- When Silence is the best philosophy
- The Zen of Success
- How To Avoid Becoming A Grumpy Old Man