The 2014 edition of Self-Transcendence 3100 mile race is nearly over – after 50 plus days of the 14 runners competing in this epic feat of endurance . So far five runners have completed the 3,100 miles, with Sarvagata Ukrainskyi of the Ukraine finishing 1st in a time of 45 days. Sarah Barnett (Aus) is due to finish soon becoming the first female to win this race, and only the 4th women ever to finish.
William Sichel (Orkney Islands, Scotland, UK) is also likely to finish within the time limit, becoming the first over 60 year old to complete the distance.
The 3100 mile race inspired by spiritual Teacher, Sri Chinmoy, takes part in humble surroundings in Jamaica, Queens – and has recently featured in many international news outlets.
- Inside the world’s longest race – – CBS This Morning:
- New York Today: Endless Summer Race – New York Times:
- Runners seek spiritual experience – Fox 5 News:
Video from CBS News
For more results and details, visit:
Photos: Jowan (Spontaneous Beauty)
Other in depth media articles
- Running 3100 Miles and Following their leader every step of the way by Corey Kilgannon, New York Times – July 1, 2004
- Run Like Fire Once More: Chasing Perfection at the World’s Longest Footrace By: Sam Shaw at Harpers Magazine
- How to Run the 3100 mile race in 12 easy steps – NBC New York Thursday, Jun 24, 2010
- 3100 Mile Race at PRI, June 26, 2014
- The Self-Transcendence 3,100-Mile Race: A Five-Person Poll – New York mag, June 20, 2008
- People in Queens Are Running Around a Single Block for 3,100 Miles – New York Observer 07/06/11
- Endurance Block Party – 3,100 mile race at Runners World