- Listen to the promptings of the heart a little more, and listen to the complaints of the mind a little less.
- Value Inner Peace above all other desires. – If we have inner peace we will be content no matter how many material possessions we have.
- Be a good listener. Don’t always talk about Yourself.
- Don’t expect from other people. If you expect from other people you will be disappointed at some time.
- Be willing to do things without demanding recognition. It is only the ego that wants recognition.
- Think of others more than you think of yourself. Self-giving is the secret of happiness.
- Avoid acting or speaking when angry or upset. If you wait your mood will improve and you will avoid regretting it later.
- Be Tolerant of Others. People are trying in their own way to do the right thing.
- Don’t try and do two things at once. If you are with someone, give your whole attention to them, – don’t be planning how to pay your gas bill.
- Don’t Try to Impress Others. There is no need.
- Don’t Be Jealous. Feel other people’s success as your own.
- If you make a mistake don’t dwell on it. Resolve not to repeat it, then forget all about it.
- Don’t be inflexible – Be Willing To Change.
- Keep fit. Don’t neglect the body. Being active helps to avoid lethargy and boredom.
- Don’t count your Happiness through material accomplishments. Happiness is everyone’s birthright, no matter what our outer prosperity.
- When you act. Act with enthusiasm. It never helps to be half hearted.
- Love what you Do. – Even if it is the smallest of actions.
- Do Not Give up! See obstacles as opportunities to transcend yourself.
- Spend some time in solitude for reflection and meditation.
- Live in the Present Moment
- Do not Feel you are indispensable. This creates feelings of pride.
- Offer Your Goodwill to others. But, don’t feel responsible for the problems of other people.
- Replace a negative Thought with a positive Thought.
- Smile. – Smile sincerely and many of your illusory problems will disappear.
- Be Patient with yourself and understanding of others.
- Value the beauty of simplicity.
- If something is worth doing, it is worth doing now. Don’t Delay and procrastinate.
- Never underestimate the beauty and power of gratitude
O my mind,
You talk too much!
Do follow my heart
That lives in silence.
– Sri Chinmoy
“When you are content to be simply yourself and don’t compare or compete, everybody will respect you.”
– Lao Tzu
Success is not the key to happiness.
Happiness is the key to success.
If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.
– Albert Schweitzer
Life can be found only in the present moment.
The past is gone, the future is not yet here,
and if we do not go back to ourselves in the present moment,
we cannot be in touch with life.
– Thich Nhat Hanh
“A Moment of gratitude
My entire day.
– Sri Chinmoy